Providence Health & Services Senior User Experience Researcher in Seattle, Washington
Providence Strategic and Management Services
This document is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
POSITION TITLE: Sr User Researcher
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Planning and User Research
ESSENTIAL POSITION PURPOSE
The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking a user research professional with unmatched passion for the customer experience and a vocal customer advocate to help us formulate and validate our user experience designs. In this role, you will on both formative research techniques (e.g. focus groups, site visits and ethnography) as well as applying usability testing to assess the quality of existing designs, validate proposed product enhancements and make recommendations on where to focus R&D effort to improve the customer experience. You will work with a cross-functional team and be responsible for improving the user experience of our patients!
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The position reports to the Director of User Experience and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff at all levels in Providence Strategic and Management Services (PSMS), as well as with other Providence Health & Services staff, vendors, agents, and others.
KEY POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Planning, scoping and conducting iterative usability assessments of upcoming releases as they move from concepts to the final design
· Determine appropriate research/assessment methods and procedures on new assignments including focus groups, formative usability lab studies, site visits, benchmark studies, online surveys and polls, etc. depending on study requirements, time and resources
· Run up to 2 studies per month, including at least one 1 intense full-size study such as a benchmark or field study
· Analyze data, preparing reports, stakeholder presentations, video clips, and storyboards into actionable presentations to the product team. These recommendations should result in a reduction of usability issues and in quantifiable improvement ratings and conversions.
· Work with the Product Designers, PM, and Engineers to influence product decision-making and integrate insights of the user studies into product specifications
· Serve as a user experience champion within DIG to broaden general knowledge and acceptance of user-centered design and research practices
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· 5 years’ experience in software or hardware development as a user researcher, ux specialist, or something similar
· Emphasis in web and mobile research
· Familiarity working in agile product development environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Online portfolio demonstrating research work
· Proven track record designing and conducting usability studies end-to-end, including analyzing and reporting results
· Breadth of research methods and ability to suggest and implement those that work best for specific study requirements and constraints
· Proven track of record turning research results into actionable design deliverables
· Strong technical aptitude to understand technological challenges of some of the products and work successfully with highly technical product teams
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 233506