Providence Health & Services Senior Product Analytics DIG in Seattle, Washington
The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence St. Joseph Health is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are seeking a Senior Product Analytics in Seattle, WA to use their strong data analysis skills and problem-solving capabilities to drive our business forward. You will be responsible for analytics in our product lines from a high level (Is this feature working? Where do users drop off? Are our business goals being met?) to low level execution (What data is needed to help the business? What’s the best way to implement tags and ensure data quality?). The Sr. Product Analyst will work through the entire product development process contributing to the business thinking and translating business requirements into experiments including implementing the appropriate tagging strategy. In a nutshell, you will be responsible for providing actionable insights to our business stakeholders through excellent storytelling, analytics prowess, and building an analytics infrastructure and platform.
Key working relationships:
The position reports to the Director of Product Design and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff at all levels of Providence Health & Services staff, vendors, agents, and others.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Anticipate, identify, and solve critical business problems through the collection of data and steering the business to make data driven decisions.
• Understand the product design roadmap and nuances of design implementation in order to track efficacy of design decisions. Empower the product design team to develop solutions that solve users’ needs.
• Specify how key business metrics are defined so the team can evaluate the success of the business, the team and new features.
• Decide what instrumentation data should be collected.
Data Integrity, Accuracy, and Tagging Strategy
• Communicate any potential data discrepancies and/or reporting downtime, including specific root cause, steps to resolution, and resolution date to key stakeholders
• Create tagging specifications for web and mobile platforms including how and where tags should be located
• Develop key process documentation for tag strategy and implementation processes
• Regularly audit our current tools and determine improvements to tagging and reporting
Insights and Reporting
• Visualize key metrics on an ongoing basis. Segment those metrics by audience types
• Create data visualization using common industry tools
• Find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels and cohort analysis, long-term trends, and user segmentation
• Architect technical solutions for new and existing reporting processes based on technical requirements
• Provide insights and actionable recommendations for business stakeholders based upon deep analysis and alignment with business goals
• Partner closely with product design and user research to provide insights that guide design decisions
• Combine results of experiments and product launches to show how product teams have impacted KPIs
• Identify and explain to team members findings that are correlated vs causal
• Develop conclusions, based on data, and drive actionable guidance on the human perspective into the product vision
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, data analytics, statistics or equivalent education and experience.
3 years’ experience in a similar role
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Ability to use data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) to tell compelling data stories.
Strong storytelling skills that distill interesting, hard to find insights into a compelling concise data story.
Excellent analytics skills. Must be comfortable seeking out and piecing together. fragments of information, extrapolating, recognizing patters and drawing conclusions from partial data.
Manipulation and analysis of large complex data sets.
Experimental design (e.g. A/B Testing).
Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases and data warehouses/lakes.
Write SQL and regular expression statements.
Familiarity with tag management systems such as Tealium, Adobe Tag Management/Launch or Google Tag Manager.
A small but growing team - we’re good at what we do and enjoy working together.
Autonomy and respect from day one
An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
The best tools money can buy
You’ll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
What drives us:
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Req ID: 252005