Providence Health & Services Principal Product Design II in Seattle, Washington
The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
The Principal Product Designer II will be responsible for over-seeing the product/product line vision from high level (How does this feature work? Does this feature make sense for the long-term vision) to low level execution (How does the styling of this button impact user flow through the system and the usability of the system?). The Principal Product Designer II will work end-to-end on the product development, contributing to the business thinking and translating business and user requirements during the design phase into world-class digital experiences.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The position reports to the Director of Product Design and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff at all levels of Providence Health & Services staff, vendors, agents, and others.
KEY POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Create an inspiring vision for and deliver outstanding digital experiences that solve some of the most complex problems in the healthcare industry.
• Applies a deep knowledge of design quality across products and the business.
• Creates and directs design principles, and establishes and communicates design guidelines that scale.
• Drive the medium- to long-term strategy for design.
• Expertly translate business requirements into product requirements that create real and enduring value, evidenced by lasting relationships with our consumers.
• Present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences through mockups, written reports and oral presentations.
• Create multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you.
• Ruthlessly prioritize the simplest UX to achieve customer and business goals.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Master’s degree in Human-Centered design and engineering or equivalent preferred.
• 10 years’ experience in a leadership role with emphasis in web and mobile experience design.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines
• Design leader with entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences. You will set the quality bar for the execution of the final product that takes into account both business and users’ needs.
• Mastery of visual design, interaction design, information architecture. Stellar online portfolio to demonstrate said mastery.
• Strategic thinker and collaborator who has preferably worked as part of an incubation design team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of web accessibility principles and experience in building for web accessibility.
• Demonstrated knowledge of iOS and Android mobile metaphors and guidelines.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 234247